Thursday 24 November 2011

Max's first birthday!

Back in September My baby had his first birthday.  I was super excited to plan & make things for his party, which was a 'Magical Garden' theme. 
Max has always loved being in the garden and when I discovered Polkadot Prints fabulous 'down in the garden' printables, I got my inspiration!  My Mum & I made all the food, and I had my first attempt at colouring fondant and decorating the cake!

I found a whole new online world of fabulous party items & styling that I had never known about, and have since become a huge fan of - I can't wait to plan our next party!!  Head over to these fantastic sites that I sourced many items from for this party, and will definately be going back to!

Sharnel Dollar Designs  for beautiful jars, yummy bon bon's, and a gorgeous selection of cake stands.
the Little Big company  lots of lovely little things, great centrepieces - I got my fab drink dispenser from here.
P is for party  great range of party bag fillers and everything else you need for your party.
Occasion by design  some goreous coloured fairy floss and a great range of party accessories.
and never have a boring invitation again - just go to Polkadot Prints and you can print them all from home!
and of course a few little things made by mermade designs!

Here are a few shots from the party!
Critters from the magic garden!
The dessert table
The candy buffet
My first attempt at cake decorating!
For the cake stand I painted a terracotta pot and covered a cake board in 'contact' and ribbon.

A few more detailed shots of the tables (and sweet treats!)

My little birthday boy having fun with the props!


The ball pit is a great idea to keep littlies entertained (and contained)!

No comments:

Post a Comment