Thursday 24 November 2011

Finally!

Yay!!  So happy to finally have my new supplies, and am finally ready to go!!  I really hope everyone likes the new, improved mermade designs!!

On another note, I will be sharing other things on my blog that I love and that I am often asked about!
So to start .... I promised a couple of friends on facebook, I will be sharing some recipes - I have decided that here is the perfect place to do this! 

Today is a bit of an out of character cold wet day in Sydney - perfect for my delicious Apple & cinammon pinwheel scones! So here is the recipe....



Apple & Cinnamon Pinwheel scones
Basic scone dough
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup milk
100-150g butter
Good shake of cinnamon (approx 1 tablespoon)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Filling
2 medium sized apples - peeled
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 180.  Grate butter into bowl of flour – crumble with fingers until crumby consistency
Add milk and mix to form soft dough – add more flour if necessary to make smooth.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface, roll into oblong/rectangular shape
Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over rolled out dough, repeat with the brown sugar,
Grate peeled apples over the dough – using all sides to avoid grating the core.

Start gently rolling up edge closest to you and roll away from you into a log.
Smooth over  join where dough ends, shape log so it’s all even, then using a large sharp knife cut into pinwheels, reshape if flattened by knife.
Place each pinwheel flat on baking paper lined tray & bake in preheated oven.
Bake for approximately 12-15 mins – keep an eye on them – when they get a golden shade on top and the centre bounces back when pushed – take out of oven. Put a little butter on top and let it melt before serving!                                                                                                                                          Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment